Cagney Tennis Academy: Professional and Fun Kids Lessons
Have you ever considered getting your kids lessons in tennis? Getting the children out of the house and engaging in some good old-fashioned physically challenging activities is not easy in this modern world ruled by technology. We’ve found that, given the right circumstances, your kids will not only enjoy learning and playing tennis, but they are also likely to thrive in other areas of their lives because of it.
We’ve been offering professional kids tennis coaching in Lakelands and surrounding suburbs for the better part of 30 years now, growing from a single coach at a single venue in 1992 to more than ten professional coaches working across five tennis venues in and around the Lakelands area. We’ve taught thousands of kids tennis over the years, with many of them achieving significant success as professional tennis players both locally and nationally.
The Benefits of Kids Tennis Coaching
Playing tennis holds many developmental benefits for your kids. At the very least, you can be sure that your child will be in peak physical condition and get lots of healthy exercise, excellent for heart and vascular strength. Proper exercise has been proven to significantly reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis later on in life.
- In addition to fitness, tennis helps develop fine and gross motor skills and improves agility, balance, hand-eye coordination, flexibility, and speed. Increased levels of fitness also help strengthen your child’s immune system, making them more resistant to common ailments like the flu.
- Tennis not only helps children with their physical development but holds many benefits in terms of your child’s mental development. It also aids in your child’s cognitive and mental development in problem-solving, increasing their ability to handle stress, and thus increasing their self-confidence and resilience.
- The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in a massive reduction in social activity worldwide, and Australia is no exception. Kids tennis provides a healthy opportunity to engage in a social activity through sport.
What Sets Cagney Tennis Academy Apart Regarding Kids Tennis Coaching?
While we encourage our young students to have as much fun as possible, we take tennis, and tennis coaching very seriously. You can rest assured that your children will be coached by fully trained, highly experienced, and professional coaching staff.
- Our team consists of a passionate and dedicated group of kids tennis coaches. In our years of service, some of our students have reached the top echelons of the sport. We have successfully coached and mentored U10, U12, U14, U16 NSW State Team Carnivals, and have had some players reach significant achievements in the sport, even making careers from it.
- We are passionate about tennis and child development. Our love for the sport started at a young age and progressed into a desire to coach young people in playing tennis professionally. We offer twice-weekly group classes, school holiday clinics, as well as private lessons.
- We offer tennis coaching for children from the age of three right through to 18, covering beginner, intermediate and professional level coaching.
About Cagney Tennis Academy
What started as an after-school part-time job at the age of 15 has turned into a lifelong calling for our owner, founder, and head coach Derek Cagney when he inherited the academy at age 18. Cagney Tennis Academy has grown in leaps and bounds since, becoming one of Australia’s foremost tennis training providers, and introducing many firsts into local tennis development over the years. Contact us today for more information.